AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE WRITER - SEND RESUME TO: [email protected]
Service Writer Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED required/Service Writer Training Program
• 3+ years’ experience service writing experience
• Extensive Knowledge of automotive industry and parts
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate equally well with mechanics, customers, and senior management
• Extensive experience with automotive programs in the field – excellent computer skills – knowledge of office procedures
• Ability to write and work on routine reports, applications, and correspondence
- Greeting customers and scheduling service appointments. Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practises.
- Cataloguing customers concerns and comments.
- Writing service orders and descriptions of problems and repairs.
- Create and Open Work Estimates - estimating cost for supplies, parts, labour.
- Ordering parts, booking customers in, returning unused parts in a timely manner.
- Explaining repairs to customers – Call to inform them of changes in service or to let them know their vehicle is ready for pick up.
- Prepare repair orders RO by describing symptoms, problems and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval and signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintain automotive inventory records by recording problems and corrective actions planned and scheduling repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities provided by employer.
- Verifying warranty and service contract coverage.
- Test driving vehicles to confirm service repairs.
- Be early, flexible, and available for scheduling.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing business – be a team player
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: [email protected]