Prince Albert Grand Council Academic Resource Specialist
The Prince Albert Grand Council (PAGC) First Nations Student Success Project is seeking the services of a highly qualified and experienced educator who can develop and promote curriculum-based resources for indigenous communities. He/she will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of specialists to implement resource attainment and development in PAGC schools, Grades 1 to 12. A detailed job description is available upon request.
• Bachelors degree in Education.
• Demonstrated success as a classroom teacher with knowledge of SK Curriculum, Truth and Reconciliation recommendations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of elementary and middle school curriculum, and cognitive development.
• Demonstrated ability in use of a variety of technologies and application through coursework, workshop participation, and completed projects and products.
• Must have valid drivers license.
• Must provide satisfactory criminal record check.
JOB SUMMARY: The Academic Resource Specialist develops and obtains resources for schools from grade 1-12 with adherence to the TRC’s recommendations 8-12.
• Provide leadership in the development of school resource development in libraries, classrooms.
• Support the SK curriculum by obtaining curriculum-based materials on behalf of schools/school programs.
• Following the Truth and Reconciliation Recommendations on education Call for culture/language resource development.
• Obtain/promote literacy resources for teachers that synchronize with SK Outcomes/indicators.
• Develop and promote digital resources for school programs.
• Provide leadership in the development of school resource programs which includes: library/research instruction; co-operative planning; resource-based instruction; literacy and information literacy programs.
If you meet the qualification and experience requirements above, please apply with a full resume and list of references. Deadline for applications: Friday, February 24th, 2017
Submit RESUME COVER and THREE (3) WORK RELATED REFERENCE LETTERS/Please include email address (applicants will be contacted through email):
Sandy McLachlan, Director of Human Resources
Prince Albert Grand Council
P.O. Box 2410
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 7G3
Phone: 953-7217 Fax: 953-1045
E-mail: [email protected]
Academic Resource Specialist