The Home & Community Care (HCC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for the Willow Cree Health Services (WCHS) provides direct nursing care, under the direction/supervision of the HCC Registered Nurse (HCC RN) Team Lead as follows:
• Provide assessment of clients, treatment plan, rehabilitation plan and one-on-one teaching or family focused teaching to promote independence and prevent deterioration of the current medical situation;
• Monitor and follow-up on treatments of clients;
• Teach and supervise client’s health self-care measures to prevent or delay the onset of secondary and tertiary conditions related to a chronic condition. Include family and others;
• Perform nursing procedures which may include and are not limited to dressing, medication, monitoring, blood sugar tests, pulse, etc.;
• Perform treatments and monitoring of client conditions as ordered by physician;
• Dispense pharmaceutical in accordance with established regulations, policies, practices and safety procedures;
• Consult with and refer clients to other health care professionals when appropriate (Podiatrist, vision, hearing and dentures, etc.);
• Provide direction and supervision to the Home Care Aids;
• Act in a manner consistent with their professional code of ethics, responsibilities and standards of practice;
• Maintaining client and administrative records in a concise, accurate and confidential manner;
• Carrying out assigned tasks;
• Maintaining confidentiality;
• Reinforcing program mission statement and philosophy to client, family, and community;
• Notifies HCC RN when unable to complete assigned task;
• Submitting claims and time sheets as required;
• Submitting monthly statists/reports as required.
• Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical Nursing;
• Current license to practice and in good standing with S.A.L.P.N.
• Minimum of 1 year experience;
• Knowledge/awareness of the First Nation culture/language is an asset;
• Maintain a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license;
• Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work with others;
• Maintain CPR and First Aid Certificates;
• The ability to speak/understand language(s) of the community is an asset;
• Previous experience working in a First Nations community is an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resume, 3 references, and CPIC to:
Human Resources, PO Box 96 Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Email: [email protected] Phone: (306) 467-4402 Fax: (306) 467-4609
Or you can drop off at the Health Center with front desk reception.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 1st, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone interviews accepted.