Wesmor Community High School Teen Facility Centre Inc.
Early Childhood Educator Certificate (level 2) or Diploma (level 3).
Casual Early Childhood Educator (call in basis).
Successful candidate will work 7 hours a day in our centre.
Working with teen parents, infants and toddlers.
You must be able to provide high quality infant and toddler care.
You will plan, implement, and organize age-appropriate activities for the children.
You must be reliable and professional.
Ensure the well-being and safety of the children
Communicate and collaborate with families, colleagues, centre director to support quality care.
Skills And Abilities
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
Early Childhood Education Skills
- Knowledge Saskatchewan Early Learning and Childcare regulations
- Knowledge of Play and Exploration for infants and toddlers
- Plan and develop infant and toddler programming
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children and report on observations to supervisor
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Prepare art materials and assist children to use them
- Newborn to 30 months
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate
- First Aid and CPR level C Certificate
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Assist in housekeeping duties
- Maintain daycare supplies and equipment
- Child care centre
Security and Safety
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable sector
- Driving record check (abstract)